“Your energy levels and vitality are dependent on having all the right fuels, nutritional components and hormones to switch on and maintain energy production in your cells; too many bad foods, bad bugs and bad toxins interfere with these fuels, nutrients and hormones, ultimately leading to low energy and fatigue, which cannot be fixed with any pharmaceutical drug I know of.”
Do you experience or struggle with any of the following patterns:
- You feel lousy in the morning, but pick up as the day goes on?
- You feel ok in the morning, but have a big dip in energy mid-afternoon?
- You’re just tired and “flat”, full stop.
- As a woman, your energy levels drop during 7-14 days before your period, or during your period itself?
- You feel exhausted after performing exercise that used to invigorate you?
If so, it’s pretty clear that your body isn’t producing energy effectively, or the energy it is producing is being used up in a way that leaves you feeling tired, lethargic and unmotivated.
Every single process that happens in your body depends on energy.
This includes things you do consciously like thinking, talking, brushing your teeth, going for a walk or lifting weights.
It also includes things you do unconsciously, like beating your heart, breathing, detoxifying, digesting your food and fighting infections.
Anything that impairs your body’s ability to produce energy can have a detrimental impact on any or all its different tissues, organs and systems.
Taking Energy a step further to Stress its Importance
As well as producing energy, your body is actually made from energy.
In fact, everything is energy.
Your body is made up of nothing but electromagnetically resonant waves. Believe it or not, quantum physics has shown that most of your body is empty space that contains minute fields of vibrating waves.
You are a vibrating system – ever said “I’m picking up strange vibes today”? Or perhaps, “He’s giving off bad vibes”?
This is easier to understand if we take a moment to break your body down into its constituent parts, in a descending order of size or scale:
- Whole organism (you)
- Systems (nervous, endocrine, immune, skeletal, cardiovascular, digestive, etc.)
- Organs (kidneys, lungs, heart, brain, nerves, liver, pancreas, etc.
- Tissues (connective, hair, epithelial, muscle, etc.)
- Cells (220-400 types and sub-types)
- Biomolecules (thousands of different types)
- Atoms (carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, hydrogen, phosphorus, sulfur, etc.)
- Subatomic waves/particles (mathematic entities)
The only reason I mention this is to highlight that we are basically energy-beings.
It therefore makes sense that feeling de-energized is a sure fire sign our whole body is not working properly.
Indeed, declining energy (or vitality, or life-force) is a sure fire early warning sign that something’s wrong.
It is very wise to take note of low energy levels, seek to understand why those your energy levels are low, and then take the appropriate steps to increase them.
Five Primary Reasons Your Energy Production might Drop
Energy production depends on a series of steps, any of which can become faulty.
- Food: energy production begins on your plate. The food you eat and the water you drink provide fuel from which your cells make energy to drive your metabolism. Eating inappropriate foods/combinations of foods, or eating at inappropriate times, your energy production will decline.
- Digestion: once you’ve eaten your food, it has to be digested and absorbed through your gut wall into your body. Anything that interferes with digestion and absorption can affect energy levels in your body.
- Insulin: once in your bloodstream, fuels and supporting nutrients must get into your cells, but if you’re even mildly insulin resistant, the cells may not allow nutrients in.
- Nutrients: once in your cells, fuels and supporting nutrients must be shuttled into your cell engines and converted into energy. If key nutrients such as B vitamins, amino acids, carnitine and CoQ10 are inadequate, this process won’t work optimally. Your cell engines also respond to light, which is itself the supreme energy form (this is one reason people tend to feel tired and depressed in winter, when light exposure is lower).
- Hormones: energy production in your cells won’t be switched on without adequate hormone levels, particularly the T3 thyroid hormone and progesterone. Excessive levels of stress hormones such as cortisol, adrenaline and estrogen can impair the function of the pro-energy hormones.
Factors 1-5, above, won’t work properly when:
There’s excessive bad stuff in your body (bad foods, bad bugs and bad toxins):
- Bad food isn’t easily digested, and lacks life force (energy).
- Bad bugs steal nutrients and drain your energy as your immune system tries to fight them.
- Bad toxins interfere with nerves, hormones and cell engine function, suppressing energy production.
There’s inadequate good stuff in your body (good foods, good bugs and good nutrients):
- A lack of good foods deprives your body of fuels and supportive nutrients for energy production.
- Good bugs support digestion of fuels and supporting nutrients, synthesize nutrients and keep bad bugs at bay.
- Good nutrients are required for energy production, full stop!
Your fuels are carbohydrates, fats and proteins
Your supporting nutrients are vitamins, minerals and other nutritional cofactors.
How to Improve Your Energy Levels
The benefits of improving your body’s energy levels are enormous because, as you’ve seen, energy is everything.
You’ll consciously feel more energized within yourself and it’s simply unavoidable to improve the function in all your body’s cells, tissues, organs and systems when your body begins to make energy more effectively.
Hompes Method Basics
The first place to start is with your food intake, eating habits and digestive health. Without optimizing these, any improvements in energy you experience will be transient – they simply won’t last.
Don’t underestimate the power of simple changes to your eating and lifestyle habits as a means of improving your energy levels – the simple things are almost always the most effective.
You have the power to create very rapid shifts in your energy by simply removing the bad stuff and replacing the good.
I’ve seen dramatic improvements in my clients’ energy levels in as little as 24-48 hours when they have made basic changes to their eating and sleeping habits.
The Hompes Method Basics online Nutrition and Lifestyle plan is a simple, but very powerful step-by-step programme to help you:
- Remove all the bad foods from your diet that damage your digestion and sap your energy.
- Replace these with simple and delicious alternatives that help your body make more energy.
- Learn dozens of simple yet tasty recipes and ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
- Maintain perfect blood sugar balance to maintain steady, even energy levels.
- Optimize the function of your digestive system so that you’re maximizing your absorption of fuels and supporting nutrients.
- Gently detoxify your gut and entire body to remove toxins that interfere with energy production.
- Improve your sleep, which obviously has a knock on effect on daytime energy levels.
- Rejuvenate your skin, hair and nails as your body sends more energy and resources to those peripheral areas of your body.
Hompes Method Basics is my way of sharing fifteen years’ education and experience with you in a single, online programme that’s delivered to you on your computer, wherever you are.
In essence, it’s a plan to help you overcome tricky health challenges and elevate your energy levels without the requirement for lab testing and consulting.
Click here to get started on the Hompes Method Basics health rejuvenation plan today and begin your journey to recover your God-given energy and vitality in the Seven Areas of Health.
Try the Hompes Method Basics programme first and if it does not improve your energy inside 3-4 weeks of following the plan closely, consider that something over and above your diet and lifestyle may be draining your energy.
Simple Home Tests to Check Your Energy Production
A Hompes Method Initial Assessment includes two simple, yet excellent measures to gauge your energy production.
These simple measures can be done at home. They are:
- Your waking temperature
- Your waking pulse
A low morning body temperature and/or pulse is/are immediately indicative of a low metabolic rate, which means your energy production is low.
The Limitations of these Home Tests
Unfortunately, when we see low waking temperatures and pulse measures, we don’t know why your energy production is being compromised. Could it be:
- Low thyroid function?
- Low adrenal function?
- Nutrient deficiencies such as B vitamins, iron, magnesium, amino acids, carnitine or CoQ10?
- Digestive problems such as gluten intolerance, parasites or low stomach acid?
- The fact that you’re not eating the right types and combinations of food?
- Chronic interference from mercury, lead or other potent toxins?
In other words, what bad stuff is in your body, and what good stuff is missing or too low?
Hompes Method Energy Essentials program includes several key tests to check for problems in energy production.
All tests are performed in the comfort of your own home and take just a few minutes to complete.
A simple urine test done first thing in the morning can tell you whether low B-vitamins, carnitine, CoQ10 and amino acids are preventing your cell engines from creating energy, and whether you’re effectively “burning” fats and carbohydrates to make energy.
This test also reveals whether your liver is under toxic stress, whether your kidneys are able to clear ammonia from your body, and whether important metabolic pathways involving serotonin and dopamine are functioning properly.
Any or all of these factors may affect your energy levels and feelings of wellbeing.
Your thyroid hormones are like throttles or accelerators behind your cellular energy production. It’s very common to see low thyroid hormones in client tests, even when your doctor may have told you that your thyroid is okay.
Unfortunately, doctors often look at a hormone called TSH, but this is inadequate. In Hompes Method, we look at TSH, but also add in markers called free T4 and free T3, plus another marker called TPO.
We feel it’s impossible to accurately assess your thyroid function without a bare minimum of these four test markers, and we always put these results against your symptoms, your temperature and pulse measurements and other lab results to make sure we gain as much understanding as possible regarding youy thyroid health.
Your adrenal glands sit atop each kidney. They primarily help your body adapt to stress, and their hormones can affect energy production in a significant way.
Unfortunately, doctors rarely consider adrenal function, which is odd because you can’t have a thyroid problem without the adrenals being affected, and vice-versa.
For example, I learned from Dr. Ray Peat – an expert endocrinologist – that if cortisol is too high, your thyroid will tend to become suppressed; if T3 thyroid hormone is too low, all of your adrenal hormones may be too low!
To assess your adrenal hormones, we run a simple saliva test to look at your cortisol and DHEA levels.
From looking at cortisol results, I can often predict when clients feel tired during the day before they’ve even told me.
Progesterone, testosterone and oestrogen play a role in making both men and women feel energized and confident.
These hormones can be assessed in the same saliva test as we use for the adrenal hormones, above. It’s really useful for women who have trouble with energy levels (and other symptoms) at different times during their menstrual cycle.
Progesterone is pro-energy and it supports thyroid function and thyroid hormones.
Oestrogen, however, can be toxic when it’s present in high amounts, and may suppress thyroid function and cellular energy production.
Book Your Hompes Method Health Assessment & Initial Consultation
If you sick and tired of feeling sick and tired and would like to begin looking into why you are feeling tired, we can definitely help.
Because so many different factors can affect your energy production I recommend you complete the Hompes Method Initial Assessment and schedule an initial consultation with me, or one of my master practitioners.
We will create a bespoke “Energy Essentials” package for you and hold your hand through the process of:
- Optimizing your Nutrition and Lifestyle.
- Running the right lab tests to determine why your energy is low (what bad stuff is in your body, and what good stuff is missing?).
- Designing specific, individualized supplement protocols to address the lab findings.
- Supporting you with weekly one-to-one consultations for the initial 90-days of your programme.
To get started right away, click here and instantly download your Hompes Method Initial Assessment Pack.