“I know with unwavering certainty that Hompes Method can help you overcome nagging digestive complaints and optimize your digestive function by helping you remove bad foods, bad bugs and bad toxins from your gut.”
Do you frequently experience any or all of the following:
- Heartburn and acid reflux?
- Bloating that makes you look and feel 8 months pregnant?
- Excess belching, burping and gas?
- Constipation where you don’t pass more than 8-12 inches of poop per day?
- Loose stools or diarrhea?
- Nausea and even occasional vomiting?
Like me, have you previously experienced food poisoning from a bad restaurant experience or holiday incident and not quite felt the same since?
Has your doctor diagnosed you with “irritable bowel syndrome” (IBS) and left you wondering what on earth you can do about it?
Well, if you answered “yes” to any of these questions, Hompes Method can definitely help.
It’s very difficult – if not impossible – to have a healthy body if your digestive system isn’t working properly, which is why optimizing digestive health is a cornerstone of The Hompes Method.
Fortunately, correcting digestive health is usually very simple: you remove bad food, bad bugs and bad toxins from your gut, and replace them with good foods, good bugs and the substances your body needs to digest food properly.
I experienced the true power of healing my own digestive system in 2007-8.
After a food poisoning incident I experienced whilst on holiday in Egypt in November 2004, all the way through to 2007, I was plagued by nausea, heartburn, bloating, loose & inconsistent stools, along with lower abdominal pain that eased when I went to the toilet.
After almost four years of struggle, I eventually discovered a functional medicine doctor in California named Dr. Dan Kalish, and ran a comprehensive stool test that identified three separate “bad bugs” in my gut:
- H. pylori bacteria – a bug that causes nausea, heartburn, stomach pain and many other symptoms.
- Blastocystis hominis parasite – a bug that can cause “IBS” fatigue and joint pain.
- Aspergillus mold overgrowth – a toxic mold that can irritate the intestine and contribute to many symptoms.
When I found these bad bugs and took the appropriate action against them by following very specific herbal protocols, not only did my nausea, heartburn and “IBS” disappear, my sex drive, sleep, energy and mood also gradually returned to normal as well.
The two main problems of damaged digestion
Digestive symptoms themselves are the tip of the iceberg when it comes to overall digestive health.
First, any time your digestive system is damaged, unwanted particles leak into your body. These particles can include:
- Undigested food particles
- Toxins from food
- Endotoxin from your good bug population
- Exotoxin from any bad bugs that might be living in your gut
All the blood from your intestine drains straight to your liver, which means that the unwanted particles absorbed through a damaged intestinal end up in the poor old liver, which can become overwhelmed.
If your liver can’t process the unwanted particles effectively, they can end up in your general circulation where they:
- Interfere with your nervous system
- Trigger allergic-type reactions
- Interfere with chemical reactions such as cellular energy production
- Block or compromise hormone function
Thus, a simple digestive problem can ultimately lead to a gradual or even sudden slip down the Vitality Scale, resulting in symptoms in any of the Seven Areas of Health.
If that’s not bad enough, when your digestive system is damaged, you’re often unable to properly absorb nutrients from the food you eat.
These nutrients include amino acids from protein, fatty acids from fats and oils, sugars from carbohydrate foods, vitamins, minerals and other cofactors.
I’ve yet to work with a client who did not have multiple nutrient deficiencies, and I’ve worked with a couple of thousand people over the last half-decade or so. I, myself, had low levels of vitamin B6, carnitine, magnesium, potassium and selenium.
Allergies, aches and pains, skin rashes, poor hair and nail quality, moodiness, low energy, poor quality sleep and sexual problems in both men and women can all result from having nutrient deficiencies due to a damaged gut.
Signs that your digestion is damaged
Any of the following symptoms indicate that your digestive system might be dysfunctional – click on each symptom to learn more about possible specific causes:
- Mouth ulcers
- White coated tongue
- Chronic sore throat
- Acid reflux
- Bad breath
- Stomach and chest pain
- Stomach ulcers
- Abdominal pain
- Excess belching and burping
- Excess gas and wind
- Constipation (defined as passing less than 8-10 inches of feces per day on average)
- Loose stools
- Blood and mucus in the stool
- Foul smelling gas and stools
I strongly suggest you don’t ignore these symptoms, as they often signify that your gut is:
- Reacting to common foods you’re eating (bad foods)
- Loaded with bad bugs, some of which can lead to serious complications
- Struggling to clear toxins
- Unable to make enough of the fluids needed to properly digest food, including stomach acid, pancreatic digestive enzymes and bile
Ignored or untreated, these common symptoms can lead to ulcers, and possibly even some forms of cancer.
For example, the stomach bug H. pylori is the number one risk for stomach cancer, according to the World Health Organization, and I am currently authoring a book on how this bug may also increase the risk of experiencing:
- High blood pressure
- Type II diabetes
- Heart disease
Don’t accept an “irritable bowel syndrome” diagnosis
Are you one of the millions around the world diagnosed with “irritable bowel syndrome” or IBS?
I personally don’t believe this condition exists – it’s a blanket diagnosis given by the medical profession without due care and attention to the reasons why the bowel is irritated.
Furthermore, I’ve never worked with a person who has not been able to resolve digestive issued that had been given the “IBS” label.
Any diagnosis that ends in “syndrome” is a label or tag given to you in admission that your doctor doesn’t really know what’s going on.
If your bowel is irritated, let’s find out why!
What Causes all these Digestive Symptoms?
In most cases, it’s a fairly simple equation:
- There’s too much bad stuff in your gut, and not enough good stuff.
- The bad stuff includes bad foods, bad bugs and bad toxins.
The good stuff includes good foods, good bugs, good nutrients, good stomach acid, digestive enzymes (from your pancreas) and bile (from your liver and gallbladder).
You’ll find that digestive symptoms can almost always be resolved by taking the following simple steps, introduced step-by-step in a specific sequence:
- Identify bad foods, remove them from your diet and replace them with good foods, as taught in the Hompes Method Basics programme.
- Optimize your lifestyle for healthy digestion, as taught in the Hompes Method Basics programme.
a. Get into the habit of eating at the same time of day
b. Clear time in your schedule to eat without having to rush
c. Eat in a relaxed state
d. Chew your food thoroughly
- Use specific, simple recipes to detoxify your gut, like Dr. Ray Peat’s famous raw carrot salad, as taught in the Hompes Method Basics programme.
- Identify bad bugs in your gut using the Hompes Method Digestive Health MOT and take the necessary steps to remove any bad bugs that are detected.
- Identify possible low levels of good bugs using the Hompes Method Digestive Health MOT and replace them accordingly using whole foods and probiotic supplements where necessary.
- Identify inadequate stomach acid, digestive enzyme and bile levels using the Hompes Method Digestive Health MOT and address these.
- Take steps to repair your stomach and intestinal tissues using specific supplement protocols, once you have removed bad foods and cleared the bad bugs.
Digestive Health Summary
Remember, your digestive system is an interface, or gatekeeper, between your body and the outside world. It’s very difficult to have a healthy body without having a healthy gut.
It allows all the good things into your body that you need for great health and vitality, and acts as a guard to stop the bad things getting in that might harm you.
Always keep in mind the Olympic Rings Health Analogy in which all the systems in your body are intimately linked together, affecting each other every second of the day.
When your gut is damaged, digestive symptoms are just the tip of the iceberg: poor digestive health can and does lead to symptoms in any or all of the Seven Areas of Health, as well laying the foundation for some potentially serious diseases.
Hompes Method Basics
Don’t wait for four years like I did before taking action to resolve your digestive complaints – it’s worth neither the struggle nor the risk.
And don’t underestimate the power of simple changes to your eating and lifestyle habits as a means of improving your digestive health – the simple things are almost always the most effective.
You have the power to create very rapid shifts in your digestive health by simply removing the bad stuff and replacing the good.
The Hompes Method Basics online Nutrition and Lifestyle plan is a simple, but very powerful step-by-step programme to help you:
- Remove all the bad foods from your diet that frequently cause symptoms in your digestive system (and the other Seven Areas of Health).
- Replace these with simple and delicious alternatives.
- Learn dozens of simple yet tasty recipes and ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
- Maintain perfect blood sugar balance.
- Optimize the function of your digestive system.
- Gently detoxify your gut and entire body.
- Improve your sleep, mood and energy levels.
- Rejuvenate your skin, hair and nails.
Hompes Method Basics is my way of sharing fifteen years’ education and experience with you in a single, online programme that’s delivered to you on your computer, wherever you are.
In essence, it’s a plan to help you overcome tricky health challenges without the requirement for lab testing and consulting.
Click here to get started on the Hompes Method Basics health rejuvenation plan today and begin your journey to recover your God-given vitality in the Seven Areas of Health.
Try the Hompes Method Basics programme first and if it does not bring relief to your symptoms inside 3-4 weeks of following the plan closely, consider that something over and above your diet and lifestyle may be causing your digestive symptoms.
The Hompes Method Digestive Health MOT
In certain cases, Hompes Method Basics diet and lifestyle changes alone might not bring desired results.
If bad bugs such as pathogenic or opportunistic bacteria, intestinal parasites and fungal overgrowth are thriving in your digestive system, you may need to get rid of them alongside optimizing your diet and lifestyle, before you begin climbing the Vitality Scale.
Think of these bad bugs as mere speed bumps in the road: even with a perfect nutrition and lifestyle programme, you may not be able to get over the speed bump until its size is reduced, or it’s removed altogether.
How to Quickly Remove the Speed Bumps!
You cannot possibly know precisely which bad bugs are present in your digestive system, or which good bugs are depleted, without a comprehensive test.
Nor can you identify possible flaws in your body’s ability to produce stomach acid, digestive enzymes and bile to help you smoothly digest your food.
If you’d like to “cut to the chase” and determine once and for all why your digestive system – and other areas of your body – feel out of balance, get a Hompes Method Digestive Health MOT, which includes:
- A complete health and symptom history, analyzed by a certified Hompes Method practitioner.
- A 5-day food diary, analyzed by a certified Hompes Method practitioner to determine which immediate “big bang” nutrition changes will help.
- A “biomeasures” assessment (temperature, pulse and urine pH), analyzed by a certified Hompes Method practitioner, to determine your approximate metabolic rate.
- A comprehensive stool test to identify bad bugs and digestive function, done in the comfort of your own home.
- A 60min phone, Skype or in-person consultation to discuss your paperwork and stool test results, so we can suggest the best way forward for you.
Click here now for information on how to get started with your Hompes Method Digestive Health MOT.